Saturday, December 17, 2005

My Three Moms

I always considered myself blessed to have such a fabulous Mom who like a sister to me! We both enjoy each other's company when it comes to shopping for clothing, shoes,... well, basically anything. Both of us also a fan of dining out, being adventurous in food. Everytime we visit each other, dining out is definitely things that we'd like to do. My Mom loves to cook, that's why I always call her to find out about recipes... then we'd just sms/text message each other for recipes. She has been so fabulous with all the wedding planning. She made my beautiful dress, the girls' dresses, and my Mom-in-law's dresses too!
(bride and groom and our beautiful Moms)
People said when you got married, you literally 'married' to the whole family. In other word, I gain another family. So, I got two moms now! My Mom-in-law is one fabulous lady too! Very fashionable, makes amazingly yummy mango pudding, and best of all, she's like "one-of-us." She is very easy to talk to, she's just like my own Mom!

(a kiss for Mom before we went for our photoshoot)

(with Pat and Judy, the bride's "Mom and Dad")

Then, I have to tell you about my "other" Mom, Judy. I was so blessed to be able to know her and her family. I met this awesome woman in December 1991. I was an exchange student at that time and they were so kind to open their home to a total stranger from Indonesia. I owe to this wonderful family a lot. Both of my "Mom" and Pat, my "Dad," had broadened my perspective about life, enriched my knowledge in many different ways, and I had gained a priceless experience that I can't never easily forget. I was honored when they said that they'd attend our wedding. It was so great to see them both again after 8 years we were parted... The experience were surreal as if we never haven't parted that long.... Pat and Judy, we love you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home