Sunday, December 04, 2005

All the little things

Since the minute my bestfriend Frances set foot in Vancouver, I've been 'enslaving' her to work on the details of the wedding: the wedding favors, the wedding programs, menu cards, etc. Frances is the most talented one among us (Lita, Frances, and myself) when it comes to handling beautiful things: silk flowers, decorations, etc. We spent a full week before the wedding sleeping at 3 or 4 o'clock in the morning. But I guess all our hardworks paid off, we're happy with how everything turned out and everyone seemed to be happy and loving the little details that we made. I enjoyed creating that 'personal touches' for our wedding... and although we may not pull a real Martha Stewart's type of wedding, but at least we're close to that!

Here's what we did:

The boxes were custom made and printed with our names and date of the wedding by my Mom's business associate who specializes in those custom boxes. She did a beautiful job in making all of those boxes. I have to put all in my suitcases back to Vancouver--all 400 of them, plus the card box, guestbooks, and the favor trays!
Who knew that putting all the finish products were the most time consuming ever! Luckily, the boxes were filled with those paper fillers already by one of our flowergirl and her "helper" Brownie (thanks Abigail!). We had to pull every 'source' to finish all these little boxes! Tying the bow for this boxes are not that easy according to my Mom and my Aunt-- and Frances, my second in command, decided "to do something else." They quit after tying just 2 boxes! My now-sister-in-law was the only one who can tie those bow perfectly and... fast (thanks Tiana)!

Here's our wedding program:

It has been widely-known that everyone from both sides of our family are easily touched by simple matter. Heck, I even cried over a sappy commercial. I saw this brilliant idea from one of Martha Stewart Wedding magazine. I vowed to myself, I got to do this! So, here's my version:

I got so carried away with all the wedding details..., but I had so much FUN doing it! Here's what I did with the bubble wands:

The Groom's Mom carefully picked and selected all the flowers that were used for our wedding. Here's one of her beautiful arrangements that were used for the afternoon church reception.

And here's Frances' pride and joy, after being pricked by tens of thorns. She made probably close to three dozens of these beautiful boutonieres, she's quite a Martha Stewart herself!

And oh-she still need to help me in making this placecards, all 200 of them!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home